Holiday Security Tips
Posted on Dec 2nd, 2013
Avoid having your holidays spoiled by a thief or burglar by being extra vigilant with safety.
- Never leave items visible in your vehicle or leave your vehicle unlocked in the driveway.
- Lock all doors and windows to your home, including screened patios and garage door.
- Close your blinds or curtains at night so that outside peepers can't see the items you have inside.
- Never open the door to a stranger! Speak through the locked door if necessary.
- Don't set boxes for expensive items at the curb. Break boxes down, turn them inside out, or place them in dark trash bags to disguise your purchases.
Safety is important all year long! If you see something suspicious, call 9-1-1 or the HCSO non-emergency number at (813) 247-8200.